Alright ladies! Ready for a week of fun guest posts while I'm chilling in the Bahamas?! I have some AMAZING girls posting, I chose them because they always inspire me so get ready to find some new blog love!
I'm starting the week of with a BANG! And a GIVEAWAY!
I recently met Megan at a blogger event and she is so cute, funny and stylish! Not to mention she owns a salon and is an expert in the beauty department. Being the sweet girl she is she's offering one of my lucky readers a couple awesome prizes today! Be sure to enter at the end of this post!
Hello, my name is Megan- I'm a hair salon owner and beauty blogger over at TheBeautySnoop.com I am excited to be a guest today, plus I get to talk to you about one of my favorite topics; Warm Weather Beauty. If you are gearing up for Spring Break or just planning a summer trip to your local pool, don't forget to take along my must-have beauty items so that you always feel and look your best.
1. Evian Mineral Water Spray The only time I have ever really splurged on a hotel was on my honeymoon in Maui. We stayed at the Four Seasons and one of the best parts of the trip was the poolside amenities. Handsome young men would walk around the pool offering patrons cold towels and spritzes of Evian Spray. It made me feel like a celebrity, but it also made my skin feel ahhhmazing. The mineral spray refreshes warm skin and helps remove sweat and salt water. Now I never go to the pool without a travel can in my beach bag. *Paparazzi optional
2. Buxom Lip Gloss You'll find at least three tubes of this stuff in my purse at any given time. I have almost every color- but I find that when I am not wearing much makeup (say at the pool for instance) wearing a darker berry shade makes me look as though I am still wearing enough color to feel confident. The tingly plumping action is just an added bonus to the great shades.
3. Nerd Glasses My best Spring Break memories all involve 'alternative ID' games that I played with my girl friends. Whenever we would meet a new group of guys, we would introduce ourselves as a different name and identity. (I rock a really great English accent) The fun part would be trying to remember which name we were currently using without exposing the game. It always ends in laugh-attacks and confused boys... highly recommended!
4. Sun Shade Hat Everyone knows the damage that sun can cause to your beautiful skin. So look great while protecting yourself in a stylish fedora. This one is a great size, offering a large enough brim to protect your face, but it's not too floppy that you can't see out from underneath of it. Tres Chic.
5. Image Matte Sun Block My favorite skin care line is Image Skin Care I use it daily and have had great results with it for my own acne-prone skin. Their oil-free sunscreen smells amazing (citrus flavor) and doesn't leave skin shiny or slippery. I use it year round, but I never go to the pool without it either.
6. Color Block Swim Suit I kind of loathe swim suit shopping, especially only six months after having baby number two... but there are more cute one piece suits out this season than I have ever seen. I love this color block option from TopShop, especially since the color combo is so unique. Red and Pink can be friends after all, who knew?
7. Goody Spin Pins If you love a casual updo like I do, you'll love the possibilities with Spin Pins. These pins are great for tying up a loose bun of curls when you are going from beach-day to date-night. Just loosely wrap your tousled hair into a low bun, then spin the pins in at the base of the bun for a secure hold that screams 'easy and breezy'.
I hope you have a fabulous Spring Break and summer season. I know I can't wait to get a little sunshine on my face and spend time with friends. What are your summer essential beauty products? Let us know in the comments below. And be sure and stop by my blog and say hello too!
Want to win one of Megan's must-haves? And a Spiral Wand so you can get those perfect Spring Break waves? You're in luck! Megan is giving away a Buxom lipgloss and a Spiral Wand to one lucky person! Enter using the Rafflecoptor below.
(Ends Saturday, April 6. Winner will be announced on the blog shortly after)